Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And now for something completely different...


Look! A blog about something other than hair products. I can feel your excitement through the screen.


So, I know I've talked about primers before. You know- it's like spackle for your face. The main purpose for using a primer is to smooth out the surface of your skin so that your makeup can adhere to it better and it also creates a more flawless finish. Well, did you know there are different types of primers?? You can get them in moisturizing, mattifying, oil control, etc, etc. But! My current favorite is made by Urban Decay. They call their product "Complexion Primer Potion." The variety I tried and subsequently loved was the "Brightening" formula (shown above). Now, I don't know about you all, but my skin is certainly in need of a pick-me-up. Winter dullsville. I got a sample of this stuff and was intrigued. Could something that was going underneath all my makeup really going to make any kind of a difference? Pfffft.


How glad am I that I tried it! I don't know what kind of fairy dust is in this stuff. But, my skin just looked...happier. Like I'd had a bunch of sleep and been to a spa or something. The good news is that even if you don't wear foundation normally, you can still use a primer to help even out your skin. This stuff would look wonderful on anyone since it's colorless.


So, if you're short on sleep/energy/awake-looking-skin, definitely look into this stuff! You can get it at http://www.urbandecay.com/ or http://www.sephora.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment