Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What is in this stuff??


I'm pretty sure that if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that I am quite the nail polish junkie. I looooove keeping my fingernails short and polishing them bright colors. I admit, I have always been a bit partial to my OPI and my Essie polishes. Sure, I'd stray here and there to a Nicole by OPI or a random drugstore brand. I was in my local Sally Beauty Supply the other day and decided to take a chance. I spotted a color that I was absolutely and instantly in love with (see above). It was called "For Audrey" and I knew I had to take it home. The maker? China Glaze. Now, I've seen China Glaze about a zillion times. I had just never purchased it, snobbishly thinking it was of a lesser quality than MY favorites.


So, I bought it and immediately began a mani when I got home. When I put this stuff on, it was even more perfect than I imagined. It is the perfect blend of Tiffany-and-Co-meets-a-1950's-classic-car shade of aqua. Is is summertime in a bottle. It is unbelievably beautiful. It dried without a hitch and looked great on my hands.


Skip to 5 days later with absolutely NO chips or nicks or any signs of wear and tear. Now, I am awful on my hands. AWFUL. This was nothing short of a miracle. By day 7, there were some signs of abuse, but nothing major. I was more than impressed with polish and will definitely be buying more of it in the future. But, for now, take yourself to your local Sally and get yourself a bottle of China Glaze. Their new summer line is really pretty... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment