Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Great for second day hair


How many of you have tried dry shampoo? Before now, only salon (read- pricey) brands had dry shampoo options. As much as I wanted to try one, I was not willing to pay $30 for a single bottle of something I didn't even know if I would like!! However, Tresemme has come up with 2 dry shampoos at an absolute steal of a price! $4.99! WHAT???


The 2 types they have are for dry/curly hair and oily/straight hair. Yours truly, having the latter, bought a bottle and excitedly waited for my first no-wash day. The trick is to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. To properly use this stuff, you have to hold it 8-12 inches from your hair and spray it all over- roots to ends. A nice, even coat. (The amazing thing about dry shampoo is that it not only soaks up oil, it also pulls any bad smells out of the hair as well.) After a liberal covering, the important step is to then WAIT about 5 minutes for the product to really work. I know- it will feel weird. Like you have damp hair and it's sticking out everywhere. When the product dries, that's when you brush or comb out your hair. If you did everything right, your hair should look and smell loads better and is now ready for any styling that you might want to do- curl, flat iron, whatever. I personally love to use the dry shampoo and then give myself an updo. The shampoo actually gives my hair this great texture and helps it hold all day.


Give it a go. And remember, like most things beauty related, it takes some practice. But, I really think you'll like the results once you get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment