Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Something to think about for 2010

I know there are people out there who make New Year's resolutions. Most people make them and then proceed to break them within a month. How about you change your resolutions this year? Instead of losing 70 pounds in a month (unrealistic sounding resolutions much?), how about something like this? What if you resolved to do something for your skin/hair/etc?

When's the last time you saw a dermatologist? Your skin needs occasional checkups, too, you know. Get a referral from your primary care physician and you'll get in to see one much quicker.

What about committing to a skin care ritual this year? Washing, moisturizing, and the bi-weekly exfoliating? That's easy enough!

Want to go totally organic in your skin care? Or maybe just all natural?

Is it time to let a REAL professional attack that hair? Teach you how to style it to it's full potential and tell you what products you need and which ones you can ditch?

What I'm trying to say is that most people's resolutions are just too ambitious to darn near impossible. Really think about something that you want changed. And then DO IT! I, myself, will be making my appointment with my dermatologist next week and I am going to STICK WITH GROWING MY HAIR OUT! (Yeah, I'm bad about cutting it off when I get bored.)

So, take some time. Ponder. And make 2010 your most beautiful year yet.

PS- If you're going to wear your hair up for New Year's, make sure that your eyebrows are well groomed. Why? Because when your hair isn't the frame for your facial features, your eyebrows are. Make sure you've cleaned up any strays and have used a pencil to fill in bare spots as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment