Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Totally random discovery


So, I was at my local Trade Secret stocking up on necessities (hair spray, OPI nail polish, etc) when I was given a free sample. It was Joico hair styling oil: http://www.joico.com/product/colortherapy/368

Now, my first instinct was to laugh and hand it right back. But, then I read the back and I was intrigued. This stuff was supposed to seal the cuticle of my hair and make it soft and shiny and help protect my color? Hang on! That last thing says it will cut my drying time down??? And that was all it took. Bravely, I put roughly a nickel sized amount in my palm the next morning after my shower and smoothed it through my hair. When I dried my hair, I noticed afterwards that it definitely helped it feel softer and it was shiny. Later in the day, it kind of gave my hair this cool, piece-y look.


Here's the best part- you don't have to have colored hair to use this product. It would be wonderful for any hair. It would help cut down on some static and I'm sure would bring some super shine to my curly haired friends, too. This product is pretty cool, if I do say so myself. ONE CAVEAT! If you don't wash your hair every day, don't use it on you non-wash days if you used it the day before. You'll look (and feel) a little greasy. Trust me on this one.


Breast cancer awareness product of the day: Rose scented soap? Yes please!! http://www.lather.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=610&idCategory

These all natural soaps are perfect for any skin type and you'll be doing good when you buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment