Saturday, September 5, 2009

A question from a reader

First and foremost- I'd like to offer up a big ol' CONGRATS to Erin M. for recruiting the most followers. She will be receiving the bag o' fall beauty stuff!! Don't worry everyone else- there will be more chances to win stuff in the future! Again, I'm never above bribery.

Ok, so the beauty tip for today is kind of an odd one. I was talking to a friend of mine who was dealing with a perpetually chapped upper lip. She was a regular lip balm user, so she couldn't figure out what was going on. (And no, that's just an old wives tale that if you use too much chapstick or lip balm or Carmex that you'll become addicted and your lips won't make their own moisture. Those products provide a barrier for your lips. They don't take stuff away.) Anyway, she was asking what she could try to help alleviate the problem.

Don't freak out when I tell you this. Seriously. Don't. I suggested she try this: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=72400&catid=20&brand=23229&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=20&trxp2=72400&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND

This is Lansinoh Lanolin Cream. It is primarily used by women who are breastfeeding on their nipples. For those who have never breastfed, it can be a bit...uncomfortable for some. This stuff is like manna from heaven. It is the absolute gold standard in moisturizers, period. It's natural and pure and SAFE. Oh, and did I mention that you can use practically a pin head sized amount?? That's how concentrated this stuff is. I'm not joking. One tube will last you forever. Let me put it this way- I bought a tube when my son was born. He just turned 3.

I primarily use mine in the wintertime on my hands. My cuticles get so dry and sometimes I will actually have cracks in my skin. This stuff is so healing and soothing. I love it. I've also used it when I got dry patches on my knees or elbows. The uses are limitless. I bought mine at Wal-Mart, but you can pretty much get it at any drugstore or mass market type place.

I know, I know. It's weird. BUT IT WORKS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks, Dawn! I look forward to seeing what goodies I get and trying them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, my first comment...arent you proud!? im a reader! ha ha.....

    but i must mention....lanolin IS made from a derivative of wool. if you are allergic to wool (as i am) you will be allergic to lanolin. major bummer that i found out AS i was trying to learn to breastfeed, lathering all that lanolin goodness on my nips and then realizing i was allergic! ahhhh!

    i think it does mention this on the box of lanolin, i just didnt read it. just wanted to mention it for your readers. dont want them lathering up their lips like i lathered up my nips! ha hah haha ha.

    ReplyDelete