Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Seriously counting the days

There are 2 days in the year that I really look forward to. March 1 and September 1. Why? Well, I consider March 1 the day I can officially break out the spring makeup and September 1 is when I can break out the fall makeup. Do I occasionally cheat? Of course. But, hey, who am I hurting, really???

I am easing into my fall colors this week with a neat lipstick trick that I LOVE to use. Now, I NEVER wear lipstick in the spring or summer. I just don't. I am a hard core gloss girl. I usually even wear darker glosses in the fall and winter. But, once in a while I do like to break out the lipsticks and I will be doing so more frequently this year after discovering that great lipstain effect I talked about in a previous blog.

Anywho, onto my trick. See if you like this one. First, put on a LIGHT layer of lipbalm. I usually put some on my lower lip and then rub my lips together. Second, dab on the lipstick color of your choice. I went with a berry this morning. Rub lips together and then blot gently with a tissue. Apply one more dabbing of the lipstick. Voila. The color of a lipstick with the sheerness/hydration of the lip balm. The beauty of this is that through out the day, you can just alternate which you put on next. Slap on a little more balm the next time, and then dab on some more color a little later. Keep rubbing your lips together to keep the look soft and natural.

Try it and see what you think!

3 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me!! What would I do without all these little tips from you??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one kind of worried me. As you know, I just bought a whole bunch of stuff from e.l.f. And now I'm worried about whether the colors that I purchased are "Fall" colors or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. E, you are good. I promise. I remember some of the stuff you bought and it is GREAT. We still have to have a show and tell night soon so that we can look through it all. Maybe we should do that next week!

    ReplyDelete