Monday, February 1, 2010

Tools and whatnot

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that you all own at least a baby kabuki brush. If you said what's that, it was like a pain in my heart. A regular sized kabuki brush is pretty large. It is meant to literally sweep powder or highlighter all over your entire face. A baby kabuki, however, is just the right size for blush, bronzer, highlighter, whatever! It's rounded top and small size deposit the perfect amount of color. You can swirl it lightly in circular motions for just a little color deposit. Or you can really zero in on one area (say just below the apples of your cheeks) to create a great dramatic effect. Here's the good news. You can get one anywhere. I mean that. I was just at Wal-Mart and they had one there for $4.00. E.L.F. (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/) has 2 options- one in their studio line and one in their minerals line. Each are $5.00 a piece.

And repeat after me "I will not be afraid of color. I will not be afraid of color." Why am I having you say this? Because Sephora has their spring Colorbox out! (http://www.sephora.com/) It's loaded with just-the-right-sized eye shadows, blushes, lip colors and applicators that are perfect for spring! This way, you can try new colors without committing to purchasing the full sized items. And what will you be paying for this 56 piece treasure trove? $24. Yep. That's it. Now, I don't know about you, but where I come from- that's a STEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment