Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Saturday!


Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for the last couple of days. Craziness abounds in the Beautylicious home!


Anywho, we talked about moisturizers for your hands in the last blog. Let's talk really quickly about your face. During the drier winter months, even oilier skins need a little more moisture. I speak from experience on that. But, first let's start with your cleanser. Just like shampoo, the more opaque your cleanser, the more humectants it has. So, if you are currently using a clear cleanser and your skin is feeling tight or looking dry, consider switching for the winter to something a little less...see through. :) Olay has a great cleanser for all skin types that somehow just knows where you need moisture and where you need some moisture controlled: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=83937&catid=21228

This is a great start and can be used in the morning and at night.


Of course, if you'd like something a little more...I can't help but rave about this stuff: http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/prod_purity-made-simple____24004_23503_25583

I've used it and LOVED it. It takes ALL the makeup and dirt off your face, but leaves the essential moisture behind. I can't even tell you how soft my skin felt after I used this and hadn't even used my moisturizer yet!


And a fun tip for today for your upcoming holiday parties: use a damp brush to apply a glimmery gold shadow over your entire lid for a festive, elegant look. Applying the shadow damp will keep the sparklies on your eyelids as opposed to all over your face!

1 comment:

  1. I use Philosophy skincare everything. I really find it is reasonable in price, and effective. The best products are the Purity, the advanced aging eye cream, and the serum. If you can buy the capsules in gold for antiaging, they just feel really good. Very natural line. I have spent thousands on Chanel, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Guerlain, Prescriptives, the list goes on... I just like the simplicity of the line. I also like its consistency. Sometimes with even the gold line of Estee Lauder which is hundreds of dollars, it stops showing its effect. You are stuck. Philosophy is more consistent.

    ReplyDelete