Sunday, September 20, 2009

Do you have the right tools?


So, I want to hammer a couple of boards together. I think I'll get out my tape measure to do that.


WHAT?? I know, I know. Cheesy metaphor. But, let's discuss your beauty tools. Do you have a separate set of makeup brushes? Not those little flat brushes that come with the blush or the small weird little spongy things in the eyeshadow. No, I mean REAL brushes. Well, if you already do, then I am SUPER proud. If you don't, allow me to introduce you to my absolutel favorites. Bonus- they will absolutely NOT break the bank!




Love, love, LOVE these brushes. First of all, they are incredibly soft and durable. Secondly, it's a great "starter kit" for the makeup novice. And honestly, you get 10 brushes for $30. Um, you can't buy ONE makeup brush for $30 on most beauty sites. If you wanted to add one more brush a la carte, I would add this one: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/brushes/blending_eye_brush

It's super soft and is just the right size for dusting a light color all over the eyelid.


The good news is that if you're saying "I don't know how to take care of these!" it's EASY! Keep them neatly in some sort of case and once a week, wash the bristles in baby shampoo and lay out to air dry. Ta da!!!

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to report that, thanks to Dawn, I have purchased a set of the studio brushes from e.l.f.! And I got them at 50% off. I don't know how long that deal is going to last, so check out the website! $15 for 10 good quality brushes is quite a steal! I can't wait until they arrive!

    ReplyDelete