Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yes, yes, I know it's only August, but...

...the colors for fall are already in. The big colors this year are (drumroll please)...


Purple, teal, and tangerine!!!


WAIT! Before you run screaming, here's the good news. You aren't supposed to wear them all at the same time. ;) Let's go one by one and I'll explain how to make all of them wearable.


Purple- The good news is that everyone can wear some shade of purple. It's actually a very flattering shade.







Teal- Ohhh, I must admit, I do love teal. it's the more sophisticated sister of turquoise. Deeper and a little edgier. It's for grownups, for sure. Here's how to add a little teal to your everyday life.


These are gorgeous shades for toenails or SHORT fingernails:
Finally, tangerine. I know, I know. Orange is always tricky. There are about 3 people in the world who look good in it. But, you can always do orange in a toenail polish as well. OPI has several shades that you can "try on". Go to www.opi.com and play around to find your favorite.
Also, I know it's hard to believe, but an orange shoe can actually be super cute with a neutral outfit. If you're wearing khakis or jeans and either a white or a black shirt, something like this: http://www.zappos.com/product/7308800/color/95652 is fantastic. I loooove these: http://www.zappos.com/product/7297671/color/27064
Of course, if you're feeling crazy, feel free to wear these: http://www.zappos.com/product/7454870/color/7916
Hopefully, I've shown you that you don't have to be scared of color. It's just color, after all. And there are ALWAYS tons of ways to wear them.

1 comment:

  1. It's never too early for fall colors and somehow I had missed this until I got the new Vogue Knitting. And I am sorry but I have to stay away from Zappos for a bit. But I will come back to these links!!

    ReplyDelete