Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quick, raise your hand...

...if you're broke! Or if at least money's a little tight in this economy. (Um, how do you raise your hand in a blog? Well, consider my hand raised.)

Here's the good thing. There are several ways you can be a beauty-on-a-budget. My absolute favorite ways would be the following:

Q-Tips. For the love of Pete, always have them. They are the ULTIMATE beauty tool. Why? Well, think about it. They can be used to dab concealer in tiny little places and on the tops of blemishes that need to be covered. They are just the right size for dotting highlighter along your cheekbones or browbones and then blending. And in a pinch, they are just about the best eye makeup applicators around. You can use them to apply and blend shadow. You can get the end damp and dip into shadow to line the eye. You can use them to smudge your eyeliner for a great smoky effect. They are also just the right size for any cleanup that needs to be done, whether it's mascara smudged on your lid or some stray color that it somewhere that you don't want it to be.

If you are not using the makeup line Eyes Lips Face (e.l.f. cosmetics for those in the know), you should be ashamed of yourself. They are great quality products. And all the makeup is $1.00. Yes, you read that right- ONE DOLLAR. Where can you find this magical makeup? www.eyeslipsface.com. I have used everything from the eyeshadows to liners to lip colors to highlighters from this company and I've never been disappointed. I've even used some of their products on brides on wedding days because I knew they would hold up. Head over to the site and peruse. See what you find that you like!

Anyone else have any fun, money saving beauty tips they can't live without???

2 comments:

  1. I found these great little QTip holders at Target for your desk at work so I have them here and they don't get grubby in my makeup case. Thanks for these $$ saving tips, D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just visited the E.L.F. site. Wow! This site is FAB--especially for someone like me (who's not all that clever with makeup). I can try lots of different products/colors without spending a fortune. Genius!
    Thanks, D!
    Erin H. Mizell

    ReplyDelete