Monday, August 17, 2009

I hear you

You're saying "Ok, Too. I hear you about the all natural stuff and the e.l.f. company, but I am hooked on my Clinique foundation" or "my Lancome concealer" or my "Stila lip glaze". Well, let me tell you, you do have options. Several of them.

Do you live near an outlet mall? Particularly one of the "Premium Outlets"? Well, if they have a "Cosmetics Company" outlet, check it out. It's all the Estee Lauder owned companies, including Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, etc. You can get some amazing prices on stuff there. You can also buy the bonuses that or gifts with purchase that you normally have to spend a lot to get for around $10 each.

The outlets also have stores called Perfumania and other perfume companies that stick cosmetics as well. I've scored Shu Uemura lip glosses that were only $5 a piece!!

Now, honestly, let's get down to real brass tacks. Ebay. If you aren't buying your cosmetics or skin care on Ebay, you are missing out. To make sure you're getting exactly what you're looking for, be very specific in the search field- "MAC Lipglass" or "Clinique Superfit Makeup". Be certain that the item is new and unused. Often times, the only reason the item is on Ebay is because the box it came in was damaged! So, a little snafu at UPS becomes your gain. This is also a great way to try out something that you're interested in without paying full price. I've tried several lip colors this way with great results.

Also, there's a website called www.fragrancenet.com that offers loads of name brand cosmetic companies at some wonderful discounts. If you sign up for e-mail alerts from them, you'll get an e-mail for an extra 10% off your first purchase! Um, yes please!!

1 comment: