Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hair help!!

Recently, a friend asked me about a hair issue. I'm sure we all know by now you shouldn't wash your hair everyday. Especially if you color it. She was doing this and being very careful when she conditioned not to put the conditioner on her roots. And yet, on her non-wash days, she felt she was having greasy roots.

So, I told her these were my suggestions.

1. Make sure to thoroughly brush her hair at night before she went to bed and then again in the morning. This will help distribute the oils that can accumulate on the scalp.

2. I suggested if she was not going to get her hair wet on non-wash days, she should try a dry shampoo on her roots. Once an expensive item, you can now buy dry shampoos at your local drug store.

3. If she were going to get her hair wet, I suggested using gel or mousse on her roots as a styling product for the day. Both contain alcohol which help counteract any greasiness. I would recommend mousse personally because it's lighter and will give some good volume.

I am glad to report that after a few days of trying these suggestions, she is grease free! Ta da!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love THIS blog!! I have a feeling the future is going to be filled with many answers to questions I have had for years. And if anyone would know, it would be you. WOOHOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out everyone, I have joined a beauty blog. D, you are one of the only beauty gurus who could get me to do this! I can't wait to hear all your good advice and ideas!

    ReplyDelete